How to Spot a Bad Advice – and Avoid Being Cheated
When it comes to online psychic services, there’s no shortage of scams – from suspicious websites with unknown owners to fake psychics who have no intuitive skills, you can encounter all types of scammers on both web and mobile platforms. Given the sheer number of psychic sites available, it could easily become overwhelming to search and find a reliable psychic reader. It could be very time-consuming as well.
To avoid giving scammers your payment or personal information, and to avoid getting a useless or even harmful junk reading, here are a few easy steps you can take.
1. Always use reputed websites or mobile apps
If the psychic services platform you select is powered by a known company or organization, uses high technology, has real and easily accessible customer service reps, and is incorporated in a developed lawful country, chances are you’re in good hands. If, on the other hand, there isn’t a real customer service rep to talk to, or the company is incorporated in a country you’ve never heard of, it might be advisable to stay away.
Another way to assess the psychic website’s honesty is by taking a look at the website itself. Does it claim to offer “blanket” psychic advice to just about anyone, or are there filters in place, such as types of readings offered (love, career, family etc.), the methods used (astrology, cartomancy, rune casting, spirit connection etc.), psychic bios, rankings, reviews, etc. The more organized and detailed the website, the higher the chance that it’s a reliable platform.
2. Learn how to spot fake psychics
Once you select a psychic on a reputable website, the first step to how to know if a psychic is scamming you, is to start by paying attention to certain details. How much information do they have on their profile? Does it sound genuine? Can you tell if they are enthusiastic about what they do? For example, have they taken courses, studied with other psychics, or carried out other psychic work? Also, note if they have a real profile picture – a genuine psychic wouldn’t use an avatar or a Tarot card as her profile picture.
Notice the language they use to present themselves and what types of claims they make – for instance, if they claim to possess a 100% infallible ability to unite “all” lovers, it might not be such a good sign. On the other hand, if a psychic says he or she has been able to unite lovers in the past, they are most likely speaking from experience and being sincere. Exaggeration in a psychic’s profile isn’t a good sign – to avoid unwanted experiences, pick psychics who sound down-to-earth and friendly.
3. Note the intuitive method they use
Make sure your psychic advisor is transparent about the psychic methods they use. You should be able to find this info on their profile. Real practicing psychics wouldn’t mind sharing how they get their psychic insights and form their predictions. So, how do psychics get their information? They get it via different psychic modalities i.e. schools of thoughts and practices.
It could be divination cards such as the Tarot or Angel cards. It could be Western or Vedic astrology, rune casting, pendulum, spirit connection, the crystal ball, or other techniques. On top of such learned methods, many practicing psychics rely on their intuitive clair-senses such as clairvoyance or clairaudience. This is something they naturally bring to the table, and many of them actively work to sharpen it via meditation and psychic focus, over many years. Whatever it is – make sure your psychic lists them.
4. Go through the psychic’s reviews and ratings
If the psychic is on a reputable website, their ratings and reviews will be unedited and even the bad ones would be available for you to see. So, when you find a psychic from whom you’re interested in getting a reading, take a few moments to go through their reviews. Check out the general rating, but do also read some of the reviews. See what people say about the quality of the reading the psychic provided, if he or she was helpful and honest.
If you see exaggeration in these reviews, remember they are written by clients, who are most likely experiencing a lot of joy or some other heightened emotion, due to a great reading! So, exaggeration and words such as “wonderful,” “amazing,” “incredible” are good signs if you spot them in the unedited client reviews.
Most reliable psychic websites give you the option to sort the psychics by different criteria – your criterion could be the ratings. You can sort available psychics so that you see the highest ranked ones first. This can save you a lot of time, and future disappointment.
5. Pay attention to the way they speak with you
To understand how psychics trick you, and to avoid any such thing from occurring, you can do a few things. First, you can always choose the anonymous chat option so that the psychic doesn’t see you, hear your voice, or know a single thing about you. This way, they can’t make assumptions based on your looks, the way you speak, or the way you carry yourself and act. They have to rely on their psychic methods and intuition if they want to help you.
Another way chat readings help you figure out the realness of your psychic’s intuitive abilities is by providing you with chat transcripts. You can always go back later and see what you said and see what they said, and have a realistic assessment. A fraudulent psychic is less likely to pick the chat option because of the absolute anonymity it provides clients, and because the chat transcripts are saved.
If you’re face to face with your psychic, one thing you can do to avoid being tricked is to wear plain clothing that wouldn’t give cues about your socio-economic status, and not be too talkative. You can mention the real-life situation you’re in, and it might help to set the tone to do that, but pay attention to who’s doing the question-asking. Is it you asking your psychic to predict outcomes, or is your psychic asking you too many questions? If your psychic is asking you way too many questions, it could be that they are doing so to then feed you with the information you just divulged.
While the above tips should be enough to help you find a real psychic, here are a few more tips to help you to further finetune your search.
- Check how long your psychic has been on the site – if they have been providing psychic services for many years and they have thousands of reviews, it’s much less likely that they’d engage in scam.
- Don’t negotiate with your psychic. Realize that different psychics charge differently, just like in most other professions. Here’s why – there are people who believe all actors are in it for the fame, that all doctors are in it for the money, or that all psychics are frauds, forgetting that people do the work they do for a variety of reasons and that each person values their time differently. An experienced psychic who sees her work as her main profession might charge more than a new psychic who feels a nascent spiritual calling to become a reader. Cherish the variety.
- Ask for free minutes – many reputable websites give you free minutes with each psychic who’s new to you. This way you get to have some time with the reader, without any commitment or promises or payments. It’s a wonderful way to avoid scammers – use this time to get to know your selected psychic advisor, start asking questions and see how they respond. Continue on with a paid reading only if you’re happy with how they were during your free time with them.
- Ask customer service to recommend someone – if you’re still not sure, the website or mobile app you’re on should give you the option to contact customer service via phone, chat or email, and ask for a recommendation. Contact them in the way that you find most convenient for you, let them know what kind of a psychic and reading you’re looking for i.e. love reading, career reading etc., and also if you want your reading done in a certain way such as via Tarot cards, pendulum, or runes.
When you find a good psychic, bookmark the page after your reading, or add the psychic to your Favorites list (if the website gives you that option), so that next time you need a reading, you won’t have to look for a new person, from scratch again! You can also have a favorite psychic for love readings, and another one for career readings etc. Create your list by taking your very own needs into account. And lastly, don’t forget to do the one thing that matters as much as all of the above advice: enjoy your reading!