Introduction & Reiki Level I (Beginner’s Level)
Author: Little Walela
Many people ask the question of “what is reiki?” Reiki is a universal life force energy that we all have an innate ability to be attuned to help promote or aid in healing for ourselves or others via channeling energy through the hands. Once attuned, reiki is good for calming, centering, cleansing, and recharging our emotional, physical, mental, and spiritual levels of well-being. It is a good aide tool to promote self-growth and self-understanding as a way of helping yourself in any situation, but also defining your spiritual self as being one with the Universe to where you can learn to trust the Divine guiding every aspect of your life’s journey.
The beginner’s level of reiki, or Reiki Level I, is extremely important and offers five valid principles. This is where you learn how to heal and trust in yourself first, because if you cannot heal or trust in yourself, then you will not be able to know how to do so for another who is having the same problematic situations. It is a way to increase your own inner knowledge. The five valid principles are as follows:
- Just for today, I will not get angry.
- Just for today, I will not worry.
- Be grateful even for the smallest of blessings.
- Work hard by letting go of self-doubt and other habitual thoughts.
- Be kind to others as you wish then to treat you.
To be attuned to Reiki Level I, you will go through lessons concerning the chakras and hand placement conducted by a Reiki Master/Teacher. Once you have completed all of the lessons. The Reiki Master/Teacher will then attune (activate) the universal life force energy within you. During this attunement, you may experience several sensations from hot to cold, tingling, even experiences in smell and colors. However, you may also feel like you are being uplifted into a peaceful state of mind and/or not even feel anything at all until you start using reiki to heal or keep yourself in balance.
It is good to always practice reiki as a self-treatment daily after you have been attuned. This helps keep yourself in a healthy balance and allows the universal life force energy to dramatically increase to where the flow will be more productive during the healing sessions. One of the golden rules is to always have permission before starting any reiki session, even for yourself…especially after a long stressful day! This is a basic self reiki healing:
- Overlap your hands and place on top of your head.
- Put one hand on forehead and the other at the back base of the skull.
- Rest both hands on your eyes, then repeat the same for your ears.
- Place one hand on upper chest and one on the solar plexus (just above belly button).
- Then place hands on your hips/pelvic area.
- Relax for 5 or 10 minutes with deep meditational breaths. Bring your hands into the prayer position at heart level, or what is known as the Namaste position and give thanks to your Higher Power, then ask silently for guidance in cleansing, healing, and removal of any negativity. During this point you may also ask for your guides, angel, or Spirit to help aid in the session.
- Once you have done so, now you can visualize white light flowing from the top of your head through your body and our of your feet into Mother Earth for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Then, after the session is done, give thanks once more and go about your normal routine. Just make sure that you try to eat proper and not have a lot of sugar and/or caffeine.
You may feel a boost in energy the next day, weird sensations or heighten sensitivity to smells and/or sounds, but as your body becomes accustom to the reiki sessions…you will have a sense of peace over time. As you start becoming more experienced in the other levels, you will also be able to incorporate aromatherapy and crystals into the healings.
Many Bright Blessings!
Chat with Little Walela now!