My Relationship is over. Now what?
Ending a relationship is never easy. No one enters a relationship with the intentions of getting hurt, but sometimes that’s exactly what happens. So what do you do when the person you trusted most ends up being the one that hurts you the most?
There are many different ways to handle the ending of a relationship & what is right for one person may not be right for another. It is okay to grieve over the end of a relationship, however, it is not okay to blame yourself or think things like, “If only I would have said this, or done that”. It’s natural to question a relationship when it ends, especially if it ends suddenly. So what should you do if you find yourself having a tough time getting over your ex?
- Reconnect with friends and family.
- Join a fitness group. This will help you regain your energy as well as your confidence. It will also allow you to remember who you are outside of a relationship, and what brings you joy.
- Don’t try to stay in the “friend zone”. Put as much space between you, and the ex as possible.
- Do not accept group meeting. Make this time about yourself, and your happiness. Take a well needed vacation or time off.
- Don’t mask your pain, and pretend like nothing is wrong when in all honesty you are really hurting inside.
You need to find a way to release your pain. Not everyone will understand what you are feeling or what you are going through, but it’s important that you are able to release your bottled up emotions & express your emotions even if your peers just tell you to “let it go”.
“Everyone heals in their own way”
The plain truth is it can take weeks & sometimes even months before you heal from certain relationships. Everyone heals in their own way, and time. The beautiful thing is that time heals all wounds. Chances are this is not your last relationships. You captured their heart and when the timing is right, you will capture the heart of another. You didn’t start this relationship expecting to get hurt, but now you can walk away from it wiser & stronger with everything you learned from it.
If you are having a tough time in your relationship, need advice, or are just looking for a professional listener then you are invited to contact me for a live chat through Kasamba. The truth is only a card away and I offer the truth about your relationship within minutes!