What to Expect During the Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse October 23, 2014
Solar Eclipses have always been met with fearful expectations ranging from bad luck to bad omens and misfortune. Our earthly ancestors treated the absence of the sun as though it were an apocalyptic event. This couldn’t be farther from the truth, as the sun represents our personality and is directly connected to the sun sign in our birth chart. Coupled with the fact that all solar eclipses happen during a new moon, the lack of the sun is a death and rebirth for our personalities, giving us a refreshing new look on who we were and who we will be in the next chapter of earth.
This month the solar eclipse falls on October 23rd, during a new moon in Scorpio, and unlike the more popular total eclipse, this one is only a partial eclipse. It will be viewable in most of North America and East Asia, starting at 7:38PM UTC, or 3:38PM EST and finishing around 11:52PM UTC or 7:52PM EST.
Scorpio is a passionate sun sign ruled by Pluto that represents cataclysms, karma, death, and rebirth. Scorpio is intense, critical, determined, and cultured. Scorpios want to change the world for the better, and don’t think about what’s best for an individual but what’s best for a group overall. Couple this with the fact that the eclipse will be visible in most of the westernized parts of the world, and this could be a rude awakening.
That being said, here are a few things to expect during this particular solar eclipse:
- Heightened sense of self. If you’ve been asking yourself “Who am I?” or going through a transitional period in your life, this will be the end of that cycle and the start of something new. Be prepared to gain the answers you seek and expect them to be heavy.
- Inability to lie to yourself or others. Though the moon is blocking the sun during the day, this is only a partial eclipse and it will awaken people to truth more than pull the wool over their eyes.
- Deeper understanding of self, including a more philosophical outlook on life. Be prepared to care less about things you once thought were important (like checking Facebook.)
- Getting your priorities in order. You may not realize that you’ve been neglecting the important things in life and now is the time to wake up and smell the coffee.
- Expect to feel weakness or vulnerability. Be prepared to know who is on your side and who isn’t.
- You will be feeling the effects of this eclipse four to six months into the future as the decisions made around this eclipse will have long-term impact on your life.
If you’re truly worried about this month’s partial solar eclipse, it doesn’t hurt to get a checkup with your favorite Kasamba psychic. The problems the partial solar eclipse will bring to light are already there; you just need to face them. The sooner you do that the better off you’ll be in the long run.
Chat now with Rhiannon Paille!